After we receive your Advance Notification and fee, you will be ready to start the next steps:
1. Begin your project. This includes construction, purchase of equipment, building and materials items, and other capital investment transactions.
2. Submit your application. After the completion of your project, submit your application with fee no later than 90 days after your project completion date. View the RTA Fee Sheet for fees associated with this application.
3. Review of application. Upon receipt of your application and fee, we will review your application for compliance with the program rules and then forward to the local governing authority for an approval resolution. Upon receipt of an approval resolution from the local governing authority, we will make a recommendation to the Board of Commerce and Industry.
4. Board review. Your application will be presented to the Board of Commerce and Industry for consideration of contract approval. The Board convenes every other month, meeting six times a calendar year.
5. Issue contract. Upon approval of your application by the Board of Commerce and Industry, a contract will be mailed to you for your signature. You will return four complete sets of the contract with original signature pages (five complete sets, if property is located in Orleans Parish). We will return a fully executed contract signed by the governor. The contract is for five years and may be renewed for an additional five years with local governing authority, Board and the governor's approval.
6. Submit Project Completion Report. File with LED within 90 days after the beginning of operations, completion of construction or receipt of the fully executed contract whichever occurs last.
7. Submit Affidavit of Final Cost. File with LED within 6 months of the beginning of operations, completion of construction, or within 90 days of the receipt of the executed contract, whichever occurs last. This form requires a fee of $100.
8. Renewal Contract. The same approval process, as used for the original application and contract will be followed for renewal contracts. Renewal Applications must first be filed with LED and then sent to the local governing authority for approval. If approved by the local governing authority, the application will be presented to the Board of Commerce and Industry for approval. The Renewal Application requires a $50 fee.
9. Board Review. Once the renewal application is approved by the Board of Commerce and Industry, contracts are mailed to all applicable parties for signatures. We will return a fully executed contract signed by the governor.
10. Change in Name or Contract Transfer. If at any time during the term of a contract, a name change or transfer of ownership occurs; these forms must be submitted to LED for approval.